I figured the best first step before making anything would be to take an inventory of what I already had from my SCA-style costume stash that might be suitable
- Long white linen dress with red couched trim
- Long chambray blue cotton/linen dress with black couched cord and pearls
- Long red linen-look dress with brown/orange trim (which looks like card-weaving) – this won’t work because it has a train.
- Pink/purple dress with purple fabric trim on sleeves
Caftans and other garments
- Red robe with pink striped lining – probably not suitable
- Fur-trimmed grey wool-look side-less surcoat -totally the wrong era, not at all suitable.
- White-trimmed blue cotton side-less surcoat – ditto, this wouldn’t be right.
- Black cotton cloak – not really suitable, but might work in a pinch.
- Red/brown wool cloak – much better
- Black wool cloak with wool felting – not at all suitable
- Short linen-look navy blue cloak – not really suitable either…
- Round brooch/pendant – needs repair
- Chain mail necklace
- Brown and white ‘tablet weave’-look belt – possibly useful
- Linen head coif – I doubt I’d actually wear this actually, but it would be suitable.
- A number of drawstring and similar purses and pouches – most of which would be useable