For a few years now I’ve organized a group-crafting day – making up cute things to give away as gifts. Each year though its a bit of a challenge to come up with ideas of things to make as a group that would be useable as gifts for some of those people on our lists…
- Gift cards/holiday cards (2012)
- Meals & treats in a jar (2011)
- Bath soaps and salts (2010)
So.. what about this upcoming holiday? Last year I asked for ideas, along with my criteria:
- A final projects to give away as nice gifts – or the kind of thing that would be awesome to bring to a holiday party (decoration or consumable)
- More economical to do as a group than solo – with everyone sharing the cost
- Not exceptionally messy (that criteria is for me, who will have to clean up our workspace!)
- Not require any additional tools or skills beyond what we might already have. (That’s the tricky part, since we don’t really know what everyone already has…)
I started keeping a list of links for ideas, but then I got myself on Pinterest, and instead started pulling together ideas there!
So… come join me on Pinterest, and share your ideas (or links to your own boards!) in the comments below!