I’ve waited until after the holidays to post this; I didn’t want to ruin any surprises!
This year for the most part I tried to give handmade gifts – either made by myself, or other artists and crafters. Hopefully they were all received well and appreciated, not only for the little gift and kind thoughts that accompanied the gift, but also for the personal touch and uniqueness inherent in hand-made gifts!
Some of what I gave away this year included:
- Hand made soaps (no photos or posts yet!)
- A glass picture pendant
- Ornaments – made the same way as the picture pendant
- Pottery from the Fairview studios (more coming soon)
- Glassware from the Calyx art show
- A hand-made backpack (post coming soon)
In previous years I’ve given away things like meals in a jar, home-made (and home-packaged) loose leaf teas, miniature terrariums and terrarium ornaments, dog blankets, picture pendants, and other cool home-made things.
I didn’t make any this year, but I think next year I might make up some of these kiss-frame coin purses for little gifts too!
Plus, last year I also made custom crafty gift tags!