While reading the blogs from some other costumers who are participating in the Historical Sew Fortnightly/Monthly, I was directed to a few other challenges which are certainly tempting…
- 17th Century sewing challenge – over the course of a year create a full outfit from a painting and share progress through a Facebook group.
- The Manuscript Challenge – over the course of a year create a full outfit directly from a manuscript dated 400-1500.
- There was also The Fourth Annual Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge – which went from June – September 2014 along with it’s predecessors – for 2015 they’ve adjusted the dates a little bit and The Fifth Annual Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge will run April 1 to July 31, 2015.
- There’s also a Italian Renaissance Costuming Mini-Challenge – this one is for February 2015, but more will come with time perhaps? This one for February I’m too late for, but I might keep an eye out for others! I’d love to re-make my Reta for this one, and new brooches (occasionally worn on the head) but I just really won’t have time in the next while, I know it… (between all the other things I want to do in time for other deadlines, plus a pretty stressful personal life right now…)
- Shear Madness does a variety of different costume themes, four times a year. I’m very curious about this for sure… and can even see how one of the upcoming challenges might align with some of the costumes I still want to make. They also have a Facebook group.
(there’s also the Artemisian Costuming Challenge for a particular SCA Shire if you want to see how they set it up..)
Does anyone know of any other fun challenges? Let me know in the comments below!