While making up the Saccoccia pocket-bags for largess, one of the women pointed out a detail in one of the photos that I’d never narrowed in on. One of the pouches seemed to have some fullness at the bottom of the pouch.
I decided to give it a try.
I started off with the same Saccoccia pattern that I’d used for my own brocade Saccoccia, and that we’d used to make the pocket-bags for largess, but split it up with the same pattern for the back and back lining, but an alternate with a bound front and trimmed, fuller lower part.
I made the pocket up with this pattern in navy cotton velveteen, and trimmed it with gold bias silk jacquard. It’s lined with navy linen, the same linen I’ve used a few times for other garments recently – I have a small bag full of large scraps, a few of just big enough to line the bag.
The back of the purse shows that I’ve added two little gold silk loops for the purse to be suspended. This means it can go on an existing waist tie (like to add an extra pocket to an existing tie-on pocket) or be added to a waist tie which matches the dress so that the tie is less obvious.