In my earlier post I mentioned the grandmother’s fabric sale… well it’s almost here! For all of my local Calgary friends who have asked me to remind them when this sale is coming up – consider this your reminder!
This year the sale takes place at the Woodcliff United Church, 5010 Spruce Dr SW, Calgary, AB. It starts 3:00 p.m. on April 15 (running until 7:30 p.m.) and repeats on April 16 from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Bring lots of re-useable shopping bags
- Bring a partner to shop with – one of you can stand in to pay while the other shops.
- Leave the coffee cup, etc in the car – you’ll need both hands free to shop, and it gets really crowded in the church.
Be prepared to stand in line for a while, and to park far away – wear good shoes!
- Likewise, consider what you’re wearing… it can be cold in line outside, and then gets really hot in the crowded church.
- Pay attention to what you really want, and go to those areas first. Magazines, patterns, etc are USUALLY (but not always) upstairs, while everything else is downstairs – there are usually different rooms for quilting, notions, yarn/knitting, crafting, and fancy fabrics, as well as a separate room where they have full bolts of fabric.
- Have fun, and know you’re spending money building your fabric/yarn stash for a great cause!
Read more about previous sales here.