While making the drab green-grey wool underdress, I noticed how well the drab worked with the dark green underdress I made a while back. I crossed my fingers, and looked at the remnants leftover from the dark green underdress to make an apron dress with it too!
There was ALMOST enough – but it was short by just a bit, so I had to turn a pattern piece, and piece it twice to make the pattern work… (piecing is period!) This isn’t ideal, but the colour is so perfect with the drab underdress, so I really wanted to make it work somehow. Still, it won’t be my super-fabulous court dress…
I also had to adjust my pattern from the last time I made it (the blue wool apron dress) to take it in a bit. It’s actually still not quite enough so I needed to further adjust it once I’d sewn it up. I was thrilled that at least I was able to make it happen!
I won’t re-hash how I made the apron dress, check out the photos and read any of my previous apron dress posts for more information.
The apron dress is trimmed in a gorgeous crisp green silk that I bought in Finland in November. I bought loads of it, and can’t wait to use it for a bigger project that will really show it off.