I’ve posted a few photos from various fabric shopping trips over the past few weeks on my Instagram account, and I have a few more to share from different places. Most of these I’ve reviewed before, so I’m mostly sharing photos today… (YEG – Edmonton, YYC – Calgary)
Fabricland on Gateway in Edmonton
I didn’t get anything here – but I did see some super-cute Halloween fabrics!
Marshall’s in Edmonton
I’ve mentioned Marshall’s once or twice before… kind of a warehouse-like store. Great for fun fur, fleece, some quilting, some dancewear, but not great for fine fabrics, suiting, or evening wear fabrics really. I hate how most of their fabric either doesn’t have content labels – or is occasionally mis-labeled. 😦
I bought a few things while I was here, including a
- leopard-print spandex fabric – that I plan to use for either leggings or a dress
- holographic teal dance wear fabric – to use in combination with some black fabric for some leggings
- purple matte-finish PVC – which I’ll also likely use for leggings
- rainbow-glitter grey holographic dance wear fabric – which I’ll likely also use in combination with some black fabric for leggings
- TARDIS print quilting cotton – which I plan to make into something for my mum (who loves Doctor Who
- Black PVC dance wear fabric – likely for leggings and a dress
- Burgundy matte PVC dance wear fabric – more leggings planned here too
- Bat-print quilting cotton – for a dress, possibly a sundress type of dress.
- Another quilting cotton – which will also be used for a gift (but the recipient occasionally reads my blog, so I’m not going to share it until the gift has been given!)
Fabric haul from yesterday's trip to Marshall's in #YEG. Left pile, top to bottom: Leopard print #spandex, holographic teal dance wear, purple matte finish PVC, grey-rainbow holographic #glitter dance wear…. right pile: TARDIS print #quilting cotton, black PVC, Burgundy matte #PVC, quilting cotton, bat-print quilting #cotton. #sewing #whovian #DIY #handmade #bats #holographic #dancewear #spooky #costume #cosplay I'll be making dresses, #leggings, and gifts….
Click here for an up-close photo of my four favourite fabrics 🙂
Out of Hand in Calgary
Out of Hand is another store I’ve mentioned before.. this time I loved their gorgeous silks, though since I have a lot of silk-related projects still to finish… I wasn’t tempted enough to buy anything. I also have another photo on my Instagram feed.
Oh… the silks… the silks! I popped into Out Of Hand the other day- mostly a quilting store, but some lovely silks, #linen blends, and wools too. Most of the #silk is dupioni, but some smooth silk too. Ranges between $28.50 & $33.50 per meter though…. which makes it more expensive than Three Star. #madeItOutWithoutBuyingAnything #sewing #fabric #Costuming #DIY #cosplay #wool
Three Star Fabrics
Three Star (aka Fabric Depot) is even more warehouse-like than Marshall’s… luckily (or unfortunately? Not sure) I wasn’t too tempted here either… and left without spending any money.
Hopefully with the new fabrics – I’ll have new garments and craft projects to show off soon!