I’ve posted a few photos from various fabric shopping trips over the past few weeks on my Instagram account, and I have a few more to share from different places. Most of these I’ve reviewed before, so I’m mostly sharing photos today… (YEG – Edmonton, YYC – Calgary)
Fabricland on Gateway in Edmonton
I didn’t get anything here – but I did see some super-cute Halloween fabrics!
Marshall’s in Edmonton
I’ve mentioned Marshall’s once or twice before… kind of a warehouse-like store. Great for fun fur, fleece, some quilting, some dancewear, but not great for fine fabrics, suiting, or evening wear fabrics really. I hate how most of their fabric either doesn’t have content labels – or is occasionally mis-labeled. 😦
I bought a few things while I was here, including a
- leopard-print spandex fabric – that I plan to use for either leggings or a dress
- holographic teal dance wear fabric – to use in combination with some black fabric for some leggings
- purple matte-finish PVC – which I’ll also likely use for leggings
- rainbow-glitter grey holographic dance wear fabric – which I’ll likely also use in combination with some black fabric for leggings
- TARDIS print quilting cotton – which I plan to make into something for my mum (who loves Doctor Who
- Black PVC dance wear fabric – likely for leggings and a dress
- Burgundy matte PVC dance wear fabric – more leggings planned here too
- Bat-print quilting cotton – for a dress, possibly a sundress type of dress.
- Another quilting cotton – which will also be used for a gift (but the recipient occasionally reads my blog, so I’m not going to share it until the gift has been given!)
View this post on Instagram
Fabric haul from yesterday's trip to Marshall's in #YEG. Left pile, top to bottom: Leopard print #spandex, holographic teal dance wear, purple matte finish PVC, grey-rainbow holographic #glitter dance wear…. right pile: TARDIS print #quilting cotton, black PVC, Burgundy matte #PVC, quilting cotton, bat-print quilting #cotton. #sewing #whovian #DIY #handmade #bats #holographic #dancewear #spooky #costume #cosplay I'll be making dresses, #leggings, and gifts….
Click here for an up-close photo of my four favourite fabrics 🙂
Out of Hand in Calgary
Out of Hand is another store I’ve mentioned before.. this time I loved their gorgeous silks, though since I have a lot of silk-related projects still to finish… I wasn’t tempted enough to buy anything. I also have another photo on my Instagram feed.
View this post on Instagram
Oh… the silks… the silks! I popped into Out Of Hand the other day- mostly a quilting store, but some lovely silks, #linen blends, and wools too. Most of the #silk is dupioni, but some smooth silk too. Ranges between $28.50 & $33.50 per meter though…. which makes it more expensive than Three Star. #madeItOutWithoutBuyingAnything #sewing #fabric #Costuming #DIY #cosplay #wool
Three Star Fabrics
Three Star (aka Fabric Depot) is even more warehouse-like than Marshall’s… luckily (or unfortunately? Not sure) I wasn’t too tempted here either… and left without spending any money.
Hopefully with the new fabrics – I’ll have new garments and craft projects to show off soon!