This is my August 24 entry for the CoBloWriMo challenge – Unexpected Source.
Some of the items I’ve received in Largess have let me down entirely new paths for craft and costume! For instance, a few years ago I volunteered at gate at an event, and was invited to pick something from largesse for a thank-you. I picked a wooden lucet fork, and that led my interest in trying lucet. (I’ve since replaced that wooden fork with a bone one from Warm Hearth Creations .)
I also have benefited from other gifts; items that I would have made for myself, but then didn’t need to because they came from largesse instead! One of these was a needlebook – I’ve since acquired two of them – one for my period-style sewing kits, and the other for my mundane one!
A while ago I received a number of pieces of largesse – there were a few pieces that I took for myself, a few piece that I took to Finland to give away, and a few more that I’ll give away at upcoming competitions or tournaments. There are lots of posts of Largesse on Pinterest, so I figured I’d make up a quick blog post with a few of these pieces… and link to my largesse tag so you can see even more if you’re interested.
This particular batch includes:
- Set of three hand-felted balls by Magy of Aberdeen
- Glass pearl and aventurine paternoster by Elizabeth FittzWilliam of Carlisle
- Two fur-trimmed pouches by Krescentia von Helfenstein (of Myrgan Wood)
- A six-panel hat with trim by Krescentia von Helfenstein (of Myrgan Wood)
- Rolled beeswax candles (from an unknown donor)
- A needle book by Lina Joya of Grantham Keep
- Block-printed and hand-sewn napkins (block printing by Adventures in Block Printing, sewing done Lianora Heinrikstotter)
- A hand-sewn cup cover with beaded corners (from an unknown donor)
- Hand-dipped beeswax candles by Lianora Heinrikstotter
Come join me on Facebook!
I’d love it if you would click “subscribe” if you’re a WordPress member – but if you’re not, consider following me on Facebook where I’ll share each blog post as it goes up. On my Facebook page I also share interesting articles, videos, and other content.
I’m also on Pinterest… come visit my pin boards there too!
You can also see the other blogs on the CoBloWriMo!