I frequently am asked where to get supplies for corset-making. Some supplies you can likely find locally, where as others you’ll likely need to order online. My list is Calgary and Alberta-specific; if you live in other places and want to buy locally you’ll need to do some additional web-searching.
- Fabricland – for pvc, brocade, cottons, velveteen, etc
- Quilting shops – for cool cotton prints
- Fabric.com – for pretty much every kind of fabric
- Fabric-store.com – for linens (for historical corsetry)
- Farthingales online – for coutil and other fabrics
- Up in Edmonton I also like Marshall’s for Fabrics.
- Wal-Mart – Packaged tapes
- Fabricland – packaged tapes, plastic boning, zippers, thread, ribbon, cord, lace and other embellishments
- Fire Mountain Gems – rhinestones, beads, and embellishments
- Farthingales online – busks, boning, grommets, etc
- Pacana – grommets, grommet press, lacing
There are a few other online suppliers that I’ve heard good things about but have never tried.
- Corsetmaking.com – boning, busks (including spoon busks and swing-clasp busks), fabric, tapes, and much more (plus bra-making supplies, hat-making supplies, and others)
- Sew Curvy.com – boning, busks, fabrics, tapes, and much more (plus bra-making supplies)
- Richard The Thread – boning, busks, fabrics, tapes, and much more (plus bra-making supplies)
There’s a great thread on the Waisted Lives tumblr with even more!