Another super-quick photo post today.
A while back I made a few different Viking Age-inspired horse-head combs based off an extant example. I wasn’t sure how well the tiny teeth would work on the laser cutter, so I only cut a few, but they turned out really well!
I had a friend who wanted one for her own Viking reenactment kit, so when I was at the Maker Space cutting a few other things (see my laser cutter tag) I decided to cut out a few new combs as well. These are all stained with a mix of Tudor and Mahogany stains, and finished with a clear varnish. One is reserved for my friend… but the others are up for grabs if anyone would like to buy one for their own kit. Keep in mind, that these are decorative only – the teeth are very fragile and might not work for actual hairstyling.
Come follow me!
If you want to see more of my work-in-progress photos, come follow me on Instagram! If you want to see more finished projects, please either subscribe to my blog, or follow me on my Dawn’s Dress Diary Facebook page, where each of my blog posts gets published so you can see when new posts come out.
If you want to see more of what I’ve made on the laser cutter, just click the “Laser cutter” tag!