I had a long weekend for Christmas, but didn’t get much sewing done… but on December 31 I realized that the outfit I was going to wear to a New Years Eve party wasn’t going to work… so off to the sewing machine!
A few days ago I posted my new snakeskin print knit dress… but it was just a mock-up for the dress I wanted to make – a camouflage dress using knit fabric.
I also downloaded Prisma for my new Samsung phone… and have been having fun with it!
The fabric was from Fabricland, originally $20/meter, but I bought it at 70% off. It’s not a high-quality knit at all… so I wasn’t going to spend much money on it. I bought 3 meters, but with tight piecing used about a meter to make the dress. That means I still have about 2 more meters to make something else with…..maybe a longer dress? Maybe leggings?
I made this for a special event at the end of July…. though these are the only photos I have of it so far – maybe more will come later! Follow me on Instagram where I’ll show off if I do!
When I got some free fabric from a former teacher, I put this snakeskin knit into the “to make toilles with” box – it’s always nice to have some knit that I don’t really love that I can use to mock up patterns with to test fit…
But… after making some shorts and leggings (which I’ll blog about later… still need to take photos!) with it, it kind of grew on me. Not for every-day, but rather for 80s nights or theme parties… and there was a dress I wanted to make out of a similar fabric, so it was a good time to use this for the toile – a wearable toile if the pattern worked out.