While making the drab green-grey wool underdress, I noticed how well the drab worked with the dark green underdress I made a while back. I decided to use the remaining fabric leftover from the underdess to make an apron dress too. (I don’t plan on wearing them together, instead I’ll wear the drab grey-green with the dark green.)
While sewing up the drab grey-green wool underdress and the dried herb linen underdress I also cut out and sewed up a black and white wool coat. I got this fabric for free from a former teacher who was de-stashing! It’s not a document-able weave, but it’s basically a striped tabby weave, where the stripes of black and white yarn create “O” shapes on one side and “H” shapes on the reverse. I opted to use the “O” shapes on the outside.
While sewing up the drab grey-green wool underdress, I also cut out and sewed up another in the “dried herb” lightweight linen from fabrics-store.com. This is the same measurement/pattern as the dark green wool underdress I made a while back, because it’s fitting and feeling very nice. I wanted another in wool, but with spring approaching, I figured one in linen would also be very practical! It seems like I’ve been doing a lot in green lately!
In March I had to do a huge clean-up in my sewing space, and part of that was finding homes for some of the beautiful fabric yardage I’ve acquired since the last time I did a big clean-up and put-away. Of course, cleaning up means that I’m fondling all of those fabrics… and that always inspires me to start sewing again!