I joined a very small group of local costuming enthusiasts, and during the summer we had a little costumed get together – so I thought I’d make something NEW for it.
BUT.. it’s a bit of a mixed up thing – I didn’t finish the hem (with a hoop) in time. Then I finally finished the hem by adding the hoop in November (after wearing it twice without the hem being finished…) and hated it! So I took out the hoop, and am calling my once named “unfinished” costume… finished.
Unfortunately…. I originally wanted to make this for the Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge #11: The Politics of Fashion – which had already passed before I joined the challenges. I knew I’d be a bit late… but.. I had no idea HOW late I’d be in finally posting this! Continue reading