For today’s Costume Blog Writing Month challenge, the prompt is “book recommendation”. I’ve blogged about costuming, crafting, beauty, and quilting books in the past, so I had lots to draw from for this challenge…
I LOVE a good craft kit – something where pretty much all of the materials to get started are included so I can try something out with a low commitment.
I did some screen printing in school, and LOVED it – but it is pretty involved with a number of tools needed, so when I saw the Heidi Swapp screen printing kit at Michael’s I thought I’d give it a whirl.
On March 29, my March Ipsy Glam Bag FINALLY arrived…
Normally it comes around the 15th -17th, so I was a bit irritated that it was so long – too late in fact to enter any of the Instagram giveaway contests too. 😦 boo.
(Or maybe hurrah for any of you who have been getting sick of me filling my Instagram with make up and selfies!)
So… here’s what I got in my Glam Bag:
Super-short post today about my February Glam Bag from Ipsy, so I can get back to other posts in my queue.
My Ipsy Glam Bag this month contained:
Baby Blush Stick in Bora Bora Coral
- I am really loving tre’StiQue’s products through Ipsy, and hope that they continue to send me their sticks through my glam bags.
- The colour is perhaps a bit more orange than I’d normally purchase, but it actually works on me I think.
- The colour blends really nicely with fingertips (I didn’t bother trying one of my blending brushes) and has a nice matte-finish despite being a stick.
- I don’t know if the colour LASTED very long though – it blended a bit too well perhaps, and wasn’t super-dramatic.
Ok.. another beauty-blog post here.. this time trying out the Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipstick I picked up from Sephora around Christmas. In black! (The colour is called Slayer, and it’s a matte pitch black.)
- it smells gorgeous – like creme brulee
- the packaging is fantastic, I love the black studded look
- the colour range is awesome – there are a BUNCH of colours I want/want to try… (Poe, Hexagram, Homegirl, Vampira, Motorhead, Mercy…)
- it goes on reasonably smoothly, with good coverage