In an earlier post, I showed off the work-in-progress photo of a bag I was making using the nålbinding technique, that I displayed at an indoor Artisan’s “village”.
Just a quick show-off post today of some new 2-ply wool yarn I’ve spun up on the wheel I’ve been borrowing from a friend. The wool was from Shuttleworks – which is no longer in business. The wool is Romney, from the UK, in natural white.
In my last post about dyeing with apple tree bark, I showed off my finished yarn (sort of a soft mustard with a touch of peach… but in actuality I did the research first, and then did some totally different dyeing before going back to what I had researched.
I wanted the chance to dye just with apple leaves, and a chance to dye just with the bark – BUT in all of my research I got antsy… too antsy to wait for the bark to soak, and too antsy to find the alum for the leaves and do the pre-dye mordant.