After looking through a huge bundle of beads specifically seeking out beads similar to Viking Age examples, I had a LOT of beads leftover. I arranged to share a lot of these with fellow crafters, but I also thought I’d go through a few OTHER periods that I costume for, and see if there were any other necklaces (etc) I could make with all of these beads… Continue reading
Back in 2016 I made a Byzantine costume for an event/competition (where I won first place in the advanced category!) and part of that was a pair of beautiful red silk cuffs.
As you read in my earlier post, when I made the teal hat, I also made a pair of teal embellished cuffs.
I was gifted this amazing teal top embellished with silver beads, sequins, and French wire… and the ONLY thing I could see in my mind’s eye for this were elements for another Byzantine accessory.
I really wanted to continue with pyrography (wood burning) after my first round of wood-burned bling boxes. My intention was to make one for each of the costumes I currently have to hold small things like jewellery, belts, etc. for each of my costumes… but then possibly for other little things I need to tuck away. Continue reading
In my previous post about my new (Pretty printed prancing period Persian ponies) Byzantine gown, I mentioned also making new accessories to wear with it – namely the collar (Superhumeral) and hanging panel.
For an A&S night (a SCA evening where we practice Arts & Sciences) one of the local artisans taught a workshop on block-printing, and let me borrow two of her fabulous wooden blocks – winged horses based of an extant Persian fabric. While the original is woven, the blocks make great look-similar-from-a-distance printed fabric!